vRealize Automation IPAM Service API
IPAM Service API Specification
What Is the IPAM Service?
The IP address management (IPAM) service provides tenanted IPAM operations (static IP management) through registered IPAM providers. It allows retrieval of available IP address ranges for a single IPAM provider. Once the address ranges have been imported into vRA, administrators can assign them to network profiles that are used for provisioning of VMs and machines.
Provisioned VMs and machines then obtain their IP addresses, DNS configuration, and gateway information from the IPAM solution provider.
Typical Use Cases
A system administrator, IaaS administrator, or fabric administrator creates a network profile. During profile configuration, the administrator imports IP address ranges into vRA from a registered IPAM service provider.
IPAM Solution Provider
A service provider for which an IPAM endpoint is configured.
External Network Profile
Network profile information identifies the external network properties and specifies settings for an existing network. An external network profile is a requirement of NAT and routed network profiles.
IP Address Range
A range of static IP addresses for use in provisioning a network. An external network profile must have at least one static IP range for use with routed and NAT network profiles.
How the IPAM Service Works
A user or application developer specifies an IPAM endpoint that enables communication with a IPAM solution provider application.
After the endpoint is defined, the external IPAM service is accessible from the vRA user interface and administrators can choose IP address ranges from the external IPAM provider.
The APIs provided by the service allow users to:
- Retrieve the list of available IP ranges for a single IPAM provider
- Allocate a subrange of IPs
- Deallocate a subrange of IPs
For more detailed information on using the the API, refer to the vRA Programming Guide.
- vRealize Automation Example Third-Party IPAM Package 7.5
- vRealize Automation SDK 7.3
Related Sample Code
- VMware vRealize Automation PluginJenkins vRealize Automation Plugin The vRealize Automation Jenkins plugin enables Jenkins to provision vRealize Automation 7 Blueprints. Requirements Jenkins 1.58+ Java 8 to compile plugin or Java 7 ...vRealize Automation JavaDownload
Updated 4 years
- vRealize Automation API Samples for PostmanvRealize Automation API Samples for Postman Overview The vRealize Automation REST API provides consumers and administrators access to all services in its service catalog that support the vRealize Auto ...vRealize Automation POSTMAN CollectionDownload
Updated 1 year
- Project BosphorusProject Bosphorus Background This project is aimed at providing a custom portal framework for vRealize Automation (vRA) along with a reference implementation. It is intended for advanced users/develop ...vRealize Automation Java
Updated 1 year
- chef-client example of a bootstrap install on Ubuntu 16.04A basic example to install the chef-client via the install.sh from Chef Software. This should be noted that this only requires wget and bash, so this can work for CentOS, RHEL, debian, Ubuntu, and the ...vRealize Automation vRA Blueprint
- chef-client example of a bootstrap install on Windows using Powershell 3 and upA basic example to install the chef-client via the install.ps1 from Chef Software. This should be noted that this requires Powershell and should work on any version of Windows with Powershell 3+. You ...vRealize Automation vRA Blueprint
- vRA 7 and above prepare_vra_template.ps1Powershell script designed to deploy the needed agents on your windows template. This mimics the prepare_vra_template.sh file for linux and will deploy java, bootstrap and gugent agents from the vRA a ...vRealize Automation PowerShell
- vRA and Ansible Example Integration vRealize Automation vRO Package
- CentOS Base vRA BlueprintSimple vRA Blueprint for 64-bit CentOS 7.0 VMvRealize Automation vRA BlueprintDownload
Updated 4 years
- Kubernetes as a Service BlueprintThis blueprint currently requires RHEL/CENTOS 7 Atomic. I do plan to port this to Photon OS as soon as it is GA. Live demo of this solution here > https://youtu.be/X8QfAQmcVjA Full instructions to in ...vRealize Automation vRA BlueprintDownload
Updated 5 years
- Add Disk and New SCSI AdapaterSimple vRO package that has the workflows needed to deploy a new disk, to the same datastore as the chosen VM while adding the next available SCSI adapter. See this post for the best usagevRealize Orchestrator Plug-in SDK vRO PackageDownload
Updated 7 years
- prepare_vra_template.ps1 7.0.1UPDATED Script - for combined 7.0, 7.0.1, and 7.1 go to https://developercenter.vmware.com/samples?id=1136vRealize Automation PowerShellDownload
Updated 6 years
- Chef Server BlueprintThis is for RHEL/CENTOS7 See my guide here for instruction on importing this to your environment.vRealize Automation vRA Blueprint
- vRealize Automation - Catalog ServicevRealize Automation - Catalog Service The catalog service REST API is designed to be used by the consumers of the service catalog; for example, an end user who wants to request a catalog item would be ...api_vra_catalog vRealize Automation api_vra_composition POSTMAN CollectionDownload
Updated 2 years
- Set given vCAC Property on vSphere VMSets a given vCAC Property on vSphere VM. Input is the vSphere VM Name.vRealize Orchestrator Plug-in SDK vRO Workflow