vRealize Automation Software Service API
Software Service API Specification
What Is the Software Service REST API?
The software service:
Triggers the execution lifecycle of software components using the software agent.
Is responsible for registering all software agents for use with the software service.
Manages the creation, modification and deletion of software components.
Typical Use Cases
You can use the software service API to:
Automate adding software components to the system.
Create and trigger software components run by the software agent independently of the blueprint.
The internal API is used to implement the software agent. There are additional prerequisites for implementing a software agent other than the API calls: access to EBS and to the contents of the
Software components lifecycle task scripts are executed by the software agent. This agent is configured using the contents of the
appd.properties file, which is delivered to the VM during provisioning of the VM. The properties required by each script are delivered to the software agent and transformed for use by the script.
An internal type representing a machine before it is created. The included metadata makes it possible for the contents of the
appd.properties file for the software agent to be specified before the machine is created. When the software agent registers with the software service, the node and the machine are associated.
Describes the kinds of scripts the software agent will execute. The complexity of the information allows the software component script to be written without knowing how input properties and computed properties are provided and collected from the script execution environment. The software agent uses this information in order to run the software component script in the proper context.
Specifies the software component scripts for each supported lifecycle task script. It also specifies the properties, or schema, used and computed by the the contained software component lifecycle task scripts.
Software component lifecycle tasks can be collected into groups in order for each lifecycle task script to be run in sequence. For example, a provision request results in a single SoftwareResource for each software component. Each provision request causes the combined INSTALL, CONFIGURE, START lifecycle tasks to be included in a single SoftwareResource.
Describes the software component lifecycle tasks available to a software component for eventual execution by the software agent.
For more detailed information on using the API, refer to the vRA Programming Guide.
Related Sample Code
- VMware vRealize Automation PluginJenkins vRealize Automation Plugin The vRealize Automation Jenkins plugin enables Jenkins to provision vRealize Automation 7 Blueprints. Requirements Jenkins 1.58+ Java 8 to compile plugin or Java 7 ...vRealize Automation JavaDownload
Updated 3 years
- vRealize Automation API Samples for PostmanvRealize Automation API Samples for Postman Overview The vRealize Automation REST API provides consumers and administrators access to all services in its service catalog that support the vRealize Auto ...vRealize Automation POSTMAN CollectionDownload
Updated 4 months
Updated 1 year
- chef-client example of a bootstrap install on Ubuntu 16.04A basic example to install the chef-client via the install.sh from Chef Software. This should be noted that this only requires wget and bash, so this can work for CentOS, RHEL, debian, Ubuntu, and the ...vRealize Automation vRA Blueprint
- chef-client example of a bootstrap install on Windows using Powershell 3 and upA basic example to install the chef-client via the install.ps1 from Chef Software. This should be noted that this requires Powershell and should work on any version of Windows with Powershell 3+. You ...vRealize Automation vRA Blueprint
- vRA 7 and above prepare_vra_template.ps1Powershell script designed to deploy the needed agents on your windows template. This mimics the prepare_vra_template.sh file for linux and will deploy java, bootstrap and gugent agents from the vRA a ...vRealize Automation PowerShell
- Kubernetes as a Service BlueprintThis blueprint currently requires RHEL/CENTOS 7 Atomic. I do plan to port this to Photon OS as soon as it is GA. Live demo of this solution here > https://youtu.be/X8QfAQmcVjA Full instructions to in ...vRealize Automation vRA BlueprintDownload
Updated 4 years
- Add Disk and New SCSI AdapaterSimple vRO package that has the workflows needed to deploy a new disk, to the same datastore as the chosen VM while adding the next available SCSI adapter. See this post for the best usagevRealize Orchestrator Plug-in SDK vRO PackageDownload
Updated 6 years
- vRealize Automation - Catalog ServicevRealize Automation - Catalog Service The catalog service REST API is designed to be used by the consumers of the service catalog; for example, an end user who wants to request a catalog item would be ...api_vra_catalog vRealize Automation api_vra_composition POSTMAN CollectionDownload
Updated 1 year