Open Stack + VMware Resources
This is a community to learn more about how OpenStack can be used with VMware technologies including vSphere, NSX, VMware vSAN, etc.
For a basic overview of the solution, see the 5 minute demonstration below of the vSphere OpenStack Virtual Appliance (VOVA) below. VOVA is an appliance that was built to simplify OpenStack deployment into a VMware vSphere environment for test, proof-of-concept and education purposes. VOVA runs all of the required OpenStack services (Nova, Glance, Cinder, Neutron, Keystone, and Horizon) in a single Ubuntu Linux appliance.
To get hands-on with OpenStack + vSphere:
- Go to the Hands-On-Lab to get a guided tour: OpenStack + VMware HOL
- To install the VOVA appliance into your own vSphere environment, start by reading the VOVA Manual
We will be creating more complete and easy to use documentation over the coming months, but for now, please view the OpenStack community documentation at http://docs.openstack.org and in particular the sections on:
- Nova + vSphere: VMware vSphere Driver
- Cinder + vSphere: VMware VMDK Driver
- Neutron/Quantum + NVP/NSX: Plugin Configuration: Nicira NVP Plugin - OpenStack Networking Administration Guide
If you have questions about OpenStack + VMware, ask a question in the discussions section.
vSphere OpenStack Virtual Appliance (VOVA) Demo
This demonstration of the vSphere OpenStack Virtual Appliance (VOVA) is based on the Havana releaseOpenStack