vCloud Director Provider and OrgV DC Storage Profile PowerCLI Module
PowerShell cmdlets to expose and add support for updating Organisation VDC and Provider Storage Profiles/Policies in vCloud Director 8.20/9.0
The rationale for creating these cmdlets was twofold;
- There is currently no way to set the Storage I/O control parameters in vCloud Director outside of the API
- The Org VDC/Provider Storage Profiles are not readily exposed in PowerCLI which makes them a bit difficult to work with (need to combine API calls and vCloud Views)
- Get-OrgVdcStorageProfile : Returns the Storage Policies/Profiles which are defined on the target Organisation Virtual Datacenter object.
- Set-OrgVdcStorageProfile : Sets the properties of a provided Org VDC Storage Policies/Profiles.
- Get-ProviderVdcStorageProfile : Returns the Provider VDC Storage Profile objects for the target organisation.
- Set-ProviderVdcStorageProfile: Allows the settings to be adjusted on a Provider VDC Storage Profile
Use get-help cmlet -full for usage/examples. For further information please see: http://www.pigeonnuggets.com/2017/11/sioc-and-providerorganization-vdc-storage-profile-management-in-vcloud-director-with-powershell/ or contact me on twitter/Slack @AdrianBegg