End User License Agreement
An end-user license agreement (EULA) is a contract between the licensor and purchaser.
- Place the EULA in a scrollable, non-editable text box inside a dialog or early step of an installer wizard.
- Because "End User License Agreement" is a document title, use title capitalization in the wizard step.
- Enable users to copy the content of the EULA.
- Don't force the user to scroll through the entire EULA content before moving to the next page.
- Use a check box labeled "I accept the terms of the license agreement." This is preferable to radio buttons, which occupy more screen space.
- Optionally, include buttons that enable printing and exporting of EULA content.
- Display an error message if the user clicks a submit button, but has not accepted the license agreement.