Progress indicators quickly express progress and on-going activity.
|A determinate progress indicator fills from 0 to 100 percent and monitors the progress of an operation.||A determinate progress indicator can also visualize capacity.|
An indeterminate progress indicator shows that an operation is ongoing without indicating when it might finish.
- Choose the style appropriate for the type of the operation and location within the UI.
- For a determinate progress indicator, provide an accurate estimate of the percentage completed, and update the estimate at least every five seconds.
- For an indeterminate progress indicator, when space allows, include text to let the user know the operation is in progress. For example: Working..., Loading..., and Initializing...
- If an operation fails, display an error message.
- Use a busy cursor (clock face) for operations that take less than five seconds.
|Indeterminate: Large |