VMware Workbench - Manual Installation of an Update Site
VMware Workbench SDKs, Certification Kits, and Updates are packaged as an Eclipse "update site" (a zip file with some added Eclipse meta-data) that can be installed into Workbench.
Downloading an update site
You may download update sites for Workbench SDKs, Certification Kits, and Workbench Updates from the Downloads section of their respective pages on Developer Center (https://developercenter.vmware.com). For offline installation, you must copy the zip file to the target machine or virtual machine running Workbench.
Installing an update site:
- In Workbench, click "Help" > "Install new Software…"
- Click the "Add…" button on the right, then click "Archive…"
- Browse to the update site zip file you downloaded or copied to the local machine.
- The name of the SDK, Certification, or Update will appear in the Available Software wizard. Click the top level check box to select and install all features.
- Click through the wizard, accepting the EULA and then restart Workbench.